Beginner's Hard Cheese / 30 Minute Plus Mozzarella & Ricotta Combo Kit
This is a Beginner Cheese Kit, ideal for those with no cheese making experience.
Combine these two kits, without paying for two thermometers, to make well over 30 kg of cheese.
How Does It Work?
Making Hard Cheese is fun and easy, and most hard cheeses are made with these simple steps;
- Milk is warmed
- Starter culture and rennet are added
- The milk coagulates into a single curd
- The curd is cut and stirred to drain off the whey
- The curd is sometimes heated and/or pressed, to remove even more whey
- The curd is moulded and shaped into a cheese, salting takes place before or after this process
- The cheese is matured or aged under controlled conditions
This Combo Kit Contains:
- 20 page Hard Cheese Recipe / Instruction Booklet
- 12 page Mozzarella Recipe / Instruction Booklet
- 200 mm Dairy Thermometer
- 165mm Basket and Follower
- 4 Reusable Loose Weave Cheese cloths
- 125 ml Calcium Chloride
- 2 x 50ml Liquid Rennet
- Direct Inoculation Mesophilic Hard Curd Starter Culture (2 x 100 Litre sachets - from SACCO)
- 450 gm. Cheese Salt
- 250 gm Citric Acid
- Block of Cheese Wax
- 1 Natural Bristle Wax Brush
- Two Sterile Jars
You Will Need: (most of which can be found in your kitchen)
- Stainless steel pot to place your milk in large enough to hold eight to ten litres
- A second, larger pot to place your first pot in, to act as a water jacket, so you can indirectly heat your milk
- Large stainless steel or enamel colander
- Stainless steel perforated spoon
- Stainless steel curd knife
- Stainless steel ladle
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mini measuring spoons (optional)
- Somewhere to age your cheese (10 to 15 deg C)
- Cheese Press - Stainless Steel with 22 kg Spring
How Much Does It Make?
This kit contains enough ingredients to make 24 batches of hard cheese and up to 40 batches of mozzarella.
The kit includes a culture pack that requires storage in a freezer and liquid rennet that requires storage in a refrigerator.